Are birds causing you a headache? If so, it might be time to consider a professional bird deterrent service.
A professional bird deterrent service will help you effectively control new or growing bird populations around your building. Birds around your industrial and commercial area can be a common problem – but also a health hazard and can cause product contamination, and even damage to your building.
Bird proofing or a bird deterrent service can help fix all the problems that come with birds nesting or roosting in problematic areas.
Why are birds hanging around your building?
Birds like high and hard to reach areas for safety. They love roosting and nesting on and in buildings especially industrial and commercial buildings, which is a common reason they are often found in these areas. Birds are also attracted to food – especially when it is easily accessible. Whether it’s scraps or a rubbish bin that regularly has ‘easy pickings’ in it, birds will find it and probably want to hang around … permanently.
Bird nests can clog pipes and drains, create fire hazards and cause damage to your roof or ceiling area.
Getting onto bird control promptly will help prevent a large-scale problem – birds reproduce quickly and when you end up with hundreds or thousands of birds on or in your building, you can end up with plenty of problems.
How does a bird deterrent service work?
Birds like to roost in high areas and it can become a habit. The best way to deter birds from roosting is by getting a professional in to help control and prevent them from returning to the area. This can be done humanely and does not hurt the birds.
A professional bird deterrent service will have the right equipment and specialist knowledge about a system that will work for your building.
There are many different types of systems that can help deter, prevent and repel birds from your building.
Some examples include:
- Gutter guards – prevent birds from getting inside your building
- Bird Netting – the netting blocks birds from entering building canopy areas and access points in a humane but effective way.
- Bird spikes – bird spikes are ideal for the more difficult areas of a building. Areas that are particularly narrow or high can be fitted with stainless steel or plastic spikes that deter birds from landing on your building. Contrary to popular belief bird spikes do not hurt birds – but act as a deterrent.
- Hot foot gel – hot foot gel method acts as a temporary deterrent for interior or enclosed areas that are not affected by the weather. The gel is not harmful to birds but prevents them from landing on your building.
There are many different options available and it is not a one size fits all service. Make sure you get a professional bird deterrent service company that understands bird deterrent and bird proofing.
Why do I need bird proofing or a bird deterrent service?
Birds can carry diseases, and this is a significant health hazard especially around food manufacturing plants.
Bird droppings can cause significant damage to your building, they are quite corrosive and can cause your paint to fade or peel. This ultimately affects the look of your building or business premises and can become an expensive problem. Bird droppings create unpleasant smells and can attract other pest animals if not controlled.
Some of the diseases carried by birds can make you seriously ill and is something you definitely don’t want around your industrial or commercial site.
Some diseases birds can carry that are a health hazard include:
- Bird mites
- Fungal infections – and much more!
Do you need a bird control system?
We are a professional commercial and industrial services company and we do everything from bird deterrent services to building maintenance and so much more.
We are innovative in the range of solutions we offer to all our commercial and industrial clients – find out more here.
Whether it is one bird, a hundred birds, or a thousand and more, our team of knowledgeable staff can help you get your bird problem under control or prevent one from occurring altogether. Big or small we do it all!
Give us a call to discuss your building’s requirements and how we can offer a bird proofing solution for you.
Latest posts by Andrew Chan (see all)
- Key questions to ask when looking for a commercial painting service - June 23, 2021
- Why specialist training is needed for confined space cleaning - May 11, 2021
- 6 myths about commercial cleaning debunked - March 25, 2021