Working at heights is common practice and a necessary part of the job in the industrial cleaning sector.
Working at heights in the industrial cleaning sector in areas like rooftops and hard-to-reach places is one of the most dangerous types of work that involves great risks.
Eliminating those risks are our top priority.
What risks are associated with working from heights?
Working from heights is the activity of any type of work at an elevated position above ground level where the worker is at risk of falling from one level to another and getting injured.
This can be a result of insufficient or non-existing safety precautions.
There are many examples within the cleaning industry of accidents involving working at heights, for example:
- Whilst working on scissor lifts
- Overstretching from ladders whilst window cleaning
- Falling from an edge
- Falling through a fragile surface.
If a worker falls from a height of two or more meters, they are likely to sustain a serious injury, permanent disability or die.
“Investigations by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment into falls while working at height show that more than 50 percent of falls are from less than three metres and approximately 70 percent of falls are from ladders and roofs.” – worksafe.govt.nz
Working at heights required specialised training and equipment
Those who are working at heights without proper training, planning, or equipment are at risk. So are members of the public who could be harmed by the activities of those working at heights.
That’s why we take health and safety seriously:
- We ensure staff have completed and passed a course called Mobile Elevated Work Platform along with learning Health and Safety Procedures
- Working on a rooftop, or from a boom lift/scissor lift has many hazards so being fully aware of them and having a safety harness correctly attached is a must
- Wearing all the correct gear including boots is absolutely necessary to keep everyone safe
- Our team has the qualifications to ensure that the job is completed safely and to Rapid’s high standards
The specialists in industrial cleaning service
We are specialists in high-level cleaning. We clean everything, even when it may seem impossible.
Industrial cleaning services require the correct training, equipment, tools, and knowledge to complete the job properly and this will undergo more hazards than a commercial clean.
Our team are highly trained to work at heights and confined spaces, enabling us to remove moss, mould, fungus, grime, airborne salt, grease, and much more in all hard-to-reach places.
Our industrial cleaning services include:
- Ceiling cavities
- Cleaning of high and confined spaces
- Site tidies
- Cleaning roofs, gutters, and downpipes
- External building washes
- Window cleaning
- High and low pressure washes
- Fencing, decking and patio washes
- Workshop and warehouse cleans
- Vinyl stripping, polishing, buffing, and sealing
- Silo and tank cleaning
- Drain cleaning
- Graffiti removal
- Ducting, shafts and ventilation cleaning
- Cleaning of high and confined spaces
- Building and construction tidies
- Stairway cleans
- Hotel and motel cleaning
- Shopping centre commercial cleaning
- Factory, brewery and mill cleaning
Let us take care of your industrial cleaning needs
Health and safety are a core focus of ours, and that’s why when you work with us, you can rest assured that we have the qualifications, expertise, and skills to get the job done safely and effectively. Whether that’s working at heights or at ground level.
The sky’s the limit at Rapid Facilities and our motto is “We will do whatever others can’t or won’t do.”
Our industrial cleaning services will transform your industrial or commercial premises, giving it an instant new look and feel that is also hygienically clean to the highest of standards.
Get in touch today to see how we can help your business look its best with Rapids industrial cleaning service.